Campbell Wrapper Corp

Campbell Wrapper Corp

  • 1415 Fortune Ave
  • De Pere, Wisconsin
  • 54115
  • Phone: (920) 983-7100
  • Fax: (920) 983-7300
  • Website

Description

small machine shop located in Green Bay, Wisconsin began manufacturing parts used for repairing steamboats and simple parts for sawmills. David Hudson and Alexander Sharp took over the shop in 1910 and incorporated. The company name was changed to Hudson-Sharp Machine Company in 1916 and began expanding into paper mill equipment including building the first napkin folder in The U.S.The company continued to diversify its product line into the 1940's. A change in ownership occurred in 1947 when Sam Campbell and a few close associates purchased the company. The company's product line was further strengthened by the introduction of wrapping equipment. The original horizontal flowrapper in the U.S., the "Campbell Wrapper," was developed and introduced in the late 40's and was used throughout the world in the wrapping of candy, cheese, bakery and various other products.FMC Corporation acquired Hudson-Sharp in 1956. FMC continued to develop the wrapper product line with the introduction of inverted, dual lane, shrink and polyethylene wrappers in addition to feeding equipment. In 1994, SASIB, an Italian company, acquired the wrapper product line from FMC. In 2000, SASIB decided to divest their businesses in the U.S.

Fact sheet

Number of employees
70-99

Company contacts

  • John Dykema
  • President

Products & services