Ferrell Hospital

Ferrell Hospital

  • 1201 Pine St
  • Eldorado, Illinois
  • 62930

Description

Ferrell Hospital was founded in 1925 by Dr. J.V. Ferrell and was located on the second floor of a downtown Eldorado business building. In 1928, a one-story structure was erected at the present location of the old hospital (1201 Pine Street), with a twelve bed capacity, and employing a staff of five. It remained a one physician hospital until 1937, when the late Dr. Robert V. Ferrell joined his father in practice. The first addition to the original structure was made in 1941, at which time a second story was added, increasing the capacity to twenty-three beds. Ferrell enjoyed further growth in the immediate post-World War II era. In 1948, a north wing was completed, increasing the bed capacity to forty. The final addition to the old facility was completed in 1958. This addition, with remodeling, provided a total of forty-nine beds and added new kitchen and dining facilities. In 1967, the physician-owners sold the hospital to a group of area businessmen and professionals. Faced with mounting government regulations and the need for a more modern facility, planning began in the late 1960's for the construction of a new facility. In 1974, a Land Trust Corporation, consisting of twenty area businessmen and physicians, was formed to finance the construction of a new facility. Construction of the new facility a fifty-one bed hospital and six-suite physician clinic - was completed in early 1976 and ready for occupancy on February 1, 1976. ...

Fact sheet

Company founded
1925

Products & services

Similar companies nearby